Saturday, May 28, 2011

Better Millk 3-Day Challenge




Today I received a surprise in the mail. A package labeled Cambrooke Foods (which is a PKU food company). Inside it contained: instructions on how I begin the challenge, recipes for the product, a pamphlet labeled The GMP Revolution, and 6 packets of Camino Pro Bettermilk. Bettermilk is a new formula they're promoting. I looked at booth they had at Camp PHEver last summer, and it looked pretty interesting. It's high in good protein but is relatively low in PHE. (1.5 equivalents for each packet) The challenge is to try their product for 3 days, 2 packets a day. But the hard part is I have to use 5 of them in a recipe, then I can drink the last one. After I'm done I fill out a survey for their research. It sounds cool, and I'm eager to get started. Don't know when I'm going to get started but it will be relatively soon. When I drank a sample of the bettermilk it tasted pretty good. The one major downer for me right now is how much PHE allowance it takes up. Don't know what I'm expecting at this point but the recipes look awesome. (They even have one for ice cream... possibly my favorite dessert in the world!) The pictures above are of the box and it's contents. The one on bottom are the packets which are rather large in size, they contain 15g each. I'll post about the results after I complete it. :) And post the recipes along with pictures of how it turned out!!!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting! I hope the recipes are yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete