Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Formula Wars

I love my formula. It tastes good, it goes well in smoothies, and somewhere out there is a recipe to turn it into ice cream. (If anyone has the recipe for Phenylade vanilla ice cream please share it as a comment please.) But there is one thing I hate about it... I hate adjusting to it when they change its build up. Whenever I see a sticker saying Now With:---------------------- I think. Uh-oh. I've had some pretty rotten experiences with it too. When I was younger I had a different formula non-flavored, it was okay I drank it. I was 9'ish when they changed the flavor completely by adding nutrients. That's when the struggle began. I was small so I didn't really truly understand the importance of Formula and got rid of it however I could. We changed formulas a couple times and i tried a lot of different types. Before I found Phenylade Vanilla. Since then it's changed 2x but I've adjusted to both by forcing myself to drink it for a couple days. After a while I think it tastes even better than the old formula! But those first couple of days are nasty. The last time I mistook the new taste as leftover soap from washing it! (That was Wednesday.) It tastes okay now. I'm used to it. And really it wasn't that drastic of a change as the first time with this formula.

Another change that usually happens with Formula happens every months or so... a new prescription. Because PKU Formula is a nutrient supplement and they want to make sure you get the right amount of everything. It's easier to adjust to, but recently my prescription got changed as well. Now I have 2 packets Phenylade 60, 160 grams Phenylade. It tastes more watery than before, but on the upside I can drink it faster!

Oh another thing about formula. I love putting it and making it into other things such as a smoothie. If anyone has some really good recipes for Phenylade Vanilla just comment them underneath! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment