Saturday, April 9, 2011

Salad Paradise!

First off did you notice I changed my layout completely? Because I did. I like it a lot, and am currently thinking about changing my background every other month. There are a lot of cool backgrounds on Blogger.

Next item of business: My first (!) restaurant review! (Sort of... in an unprofessional they didn't know I was going to blog about them kind of way.)

A little while ago, probably a couple weeks ago my mom, sister, sister's friend, and I went to a cool restaurant called Zupas. It's this salad, sandwich, soup restaurant. When I go to restaurants most of the time I get a salad. It's what I can have, a lot of the time it's the only thing I can have. Zupas had this nice item on their menu called "A Create Your Own Salad". They let you choose everything for the salad! The lettuce type, the dressing, the toppings! I chose a green mix of lettuce, poppy seed dressing, and 6 toppings: olives, strawberries, cranberries, diced apple, pineapple, and avocado. They had a chose of meat or tofu but I chose not to. Without meat you can actually get 8 toppings! I couldn't find any others I wanted on this salad though. Which is kind of rare because I usually have more toppings than lettuce on my salad if i can help it. They gave each person a chocolate covered strawberry with our orders!!!! After finding a booth we took our cups and went to the soda counter. They had a normal soda fountain but Zupa's also had a bunch of flavorings! I filled my cup up with sprite then added raspberry flavoring... yum! (I also learned right about here that a little bit of flavoring goes a long way :) ) This restaurant was PKU heaven for me. Everything was delicious,and they make the salad in front of you while making it look advertisement worthy. I have some pics to prove it too. I would tell you what everyone else ordered but then this post would get boring. Let's just say everyone (PKU'er or not) was satisfied. I give this restaurant a 8 on the PKU Food Friendly Scale. (I took away 2 points because besides the create your own salad there was maybe 1 other thing I could have.)

Now I'm going to have a fantastic Spring Break! I suggest you do too (that is if you have Spring Break if you don't have a good weekend) ! I'll post a little about it in a not going to reveal intimate details on the internet kind of way ;) ! Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I forgot to post the Pictures!!!! AAAAAHHHH!!!! I'll just post the separately I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete