Monday, January 14, 2013

The Great App Competition

There are apps out there designed to help you keep track of your diet.  When I searched on my app store I found 3.

(I own an iPad- and to find these 3 I searched "PKU" as an iPhone App.  Watch out for the Peking University Apps, they have the same initials.)

  1. Dietwell PKU- "Dietwell is designed to assist the dietary management of PKU... This app guides you through your meals, snacks, and formula intake by offering phe, dietary protein, formula protein equivalent, and caloric intake for over 7500 food items..."
  2. PKU Calc- "...This application is designed as an easy to use mobile tool to help you count protein in your diet.  It follows green, orange, and red foods analogy that you learn about from your PKU clinic team."
  3. AccuGo- "AccuGo was designed to ease the day to day management of the PKU diet by providing a quick and easy way to track foods eaten..."

I downloaded all three.  Because I want to see which one is the best one. 

In fact, I decided to make it a competition!!!

To see which App is the ULTIMATE PKU APP!!!  (Not including any Peking University Apps. ;)

The contest will go like this:  Each week I'll use an app to count and follow my diet.  The one that racks up the most points in each category wins. 

The grading system will be a 1-10 system with 10 being the "best thing since microwaves"  and 1 being "this stinks".  Okay? 

Good.

The categories are:  Easy to use, Amount of Food Already in Database, & Exact Calculating (I'll also be keeping track of my diet on paper so I can compare the exactness).

Ready... Get Set... and we're off with me trying AccuGo first!

Who do you think will win?

3 comments:

  1. I think this is an awesome idea! please keep us posted!! I use to use the dietwell when i had an iphone, now i have a samsung glaxay and there are 3 android apps. might be cool to do a comparison between android vs iphone apps! good luck i look forward to the results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, could you name those three andoid apps, please? :) I only found one so far (which I couldn't use at all...)

      Thanks :)
      Love,
      Katie xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds really good and interesting, please let us know your reports :)

    Looking forward to it,
    Love,
    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete