Tuesday, September 30, 2014

PANCAKES!!!

I made delicious PKU Pancakes on Sunday.  (Thanks mom!) 

I haven't had pancakes in forever!!!  And I really excited when my gorgeous mother found me an easy recipe.  In fact, I made them straightaway. 

Here's how they turned out:


  Delicious!  (Actually they were a little crumbly, but that's my fault and how stingy I was with the rice milk.  And even with crumbliness, they were pretty awesome.)

Recipe:
Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cup Rice flour
  • 1/2 cup Wheat or Tapioca Starch (I used wheat... it was what I had on hand)
  • 2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar (I used sugar for my first go but I'm sure honey or any other replacement would work as well...)                                                                                                                        
  • 1/4 cup Applesauce (or you could use sweet potato, banana, or even pumpkin!)
  • 2 Tbsp Oil (kind doesn't matter)
  • 1/2-1 3/4 cup liquid (yeah that's right liquid... it could be coconut milk, rice milk, water, anything...  But start at 1/2 cup and go from there to the consistency you want.  I used rice milk)
 Directions:
  1. Mix ingredients above the line together (dry ingredients)
  2. Mix ingredients below the line together (wet items)
  3. Mix both bowls together
  4. Pour onto greased frying pan.  And you probably know the rest... (here's a hint: Flip the pancake when the bottom is cooked)
You know what's cool about pancakes?  The versatility.  Add dried cherries and chocolate chips?  Yum.  Use pumpkin instead of applesauce and add cinnamon?  Autumn Themed pancakes.

You can eat them with just about anything and be happy.

Pancakes are delicious.  And fun.  Enjoy!!!

 So your welcome for providing you with a great recipe.  (And thanks to both my mother and dailydietribe.com for the recipe.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey :)

    Thank you for the recipe... Do you know how much Phe is in tapioca starch?

    Have a great day :)
    Love
    Katie

    ReplyDelete