Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Recipe Worth Making

I have an incredible younger sister who loves to cook.  She is really good at it and when ever I am at home, she likes to cook me food.  And I love to eat it.  It's a good compromise I think. :)

Recently my sister and my mom decided to take a regular recipe and change it so it's PKU.  They chose Peach Cobbler. (Which is one of my favorite desserts ever! And has many good memories attached to it!)  It turned out really nicely apparently- because it was gone by the time I came home.

Luckily they had the recipe written down.  So I took it back to college with me and tried it myself.  (See picture on right- yeah that's mine.)  Here's the recipe:

You need:
  • 1 stick butter
  • 4-5 cups Sliced and Peeled Peaches (if you use fresh peaches that equals 3-4 peaches)
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 3/4 cup Water
  • 1 cup Some kind of Low Pro Milk (rice milk/ coconut milk...)- I used Rice Milk for mine
  • 1 cup Rice Flour
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 3/4 cup Sugar (not a mistake you'll see why I put sugar 2x in a moment)
Instructions:
  • Melt butter in 9x11 @ 350 degrees
  • In a large bowl mix peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, and water then leave the mixture until the end
  • In a different large bowl mix rest of ingredients (creamer, rice flour, baking powder, salt, and 3/4 cup sugar) Until all ingredients are blended well!!!
  • Pour batter over butter (don't stir here!)
  • Spoon peach mixture on top
  • Bake @ 350 for 40-50 minutes
(I don't have the equivalents for this recipe right now but if you want I can try to get them for you)

It's really tasty!  :-D    

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great... thanks for sharing, Cassandra. Is it easy to prepare? Well, I'm absolutely not talented when it comes to baking :(

    What's the phe amount of rice flour? I've never used it?

    Love,
    Katie xxx

    ReplyDelete