Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Too Hot, Too Cold, Just Right.

The other day Phenylade Essentials (my formula company that I follow on Face Book)  posted a comic. 





It's a comic that I can really relate to, if not all PKU'ers. 

Imagine... you're on the go.  Going to be gone all day.  So you bring your medicine.  No biggie.  But it's a really hot summer day (and I really can't wait for those right now)  and soon you're formula is disgustingly hot!  EW! 

Who likes drinking warm beverages that are SUPPOSED to be cool?  Not me.

So what do you do?  Some people freeze their medicine so this doesn't happen, some add more cold water, some add ice... I put mine in ice or preferably a fridge for a couple minutes.  Not a long time, because I actually don't like my formula super cold either.  I like mine "freshly made".  So, I try not to wait too long before drinking it.

And if I need all my formula for the day... then I bring the second batch in powder form and make it in a water fountain.

You just do what you have to.

But I'm curious... How do you (PKU'ers) keep your formulas cool?  And how do you (non-PKU'ers) keep other cool beverages cold?  






















No comments:

Post a Comment