Saturday, January 14, 2012

Aminosweet IS Aspartame


So I was just reading a facebook post and I found an very interesting article...

http://healthfreedoms.org/2010/02/15/aspartame-has-been-renamed-and-is-now-being-marketed-as-a-natural-sweetener/

It was on the wall of a PKU group and is very important to PKU'ers! One of the deadly chemicals Aspartame has been renamed and reclassified. It's now being called Animosweet, and is classified as a "Natural Sweetner". BUT IT'S STILL THE SAME THING!!!! PKU'ers CANNOT have it! It was created using aspartic acid and PHENYLALANINE! The same chemical we are not allowed to have.

I'm just warning people because I look on the back of labels for Aspartame not Aminosweet. Without reading this article I would've thought it was a totally different thing. Okay... maybe not. "Amino" does give us a clue. I wonder if they'll still put a warning on the back of their products??? (The PKU warning contains Phenylalanine)

And what is the deal with it being reclassified to "Natural Sweeteners"? It was created in a lab!!! That is NOT natural by any stretch of imagination! What happened to all the evidence that Aspartme is actually unhealthy for everybody not just PKU'ers? Doesn't it hurt everyone's brain? Doesn't it cause cancer?? Why on Earth would you eat it then?? Because it's sweet and isn't sugar?? Just my opinion but I'll take sugar any day of the week.

Aspartme is in sugar free gum. That's the reason why I refuse gum when it's offered. Because Aspartme IS Phenylalanine. It will destroy my brain and my life. I have too much to live for, and having one stick of gum full of Aspartme can ruin that.

So in the immortal words of Willy Wonka (as portrayed by Johnny Depp):
Chewing gum is really gross.
Chewing gum I hate the most!

2 comments:

  1. urgh. i guess people were wising up and knew that aspartme was bad, so they're changing the name to try to outsmart people. that really is annoying. i'm sure they'll still have to put the warning on there for pku'ers, but still. the food industry is way more interested in making money than in helping people make good choices. lame. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also worried about the rise of popularity of natural sweeteners such as Stevia which can be grown in your back yard!

    ReplyDelete