Monday, December 1, 2014

Dear Friends...

Friends, 

Last post I told you about my highly exciting news.  (About studying abroad in Chester, England.)  

Well, I've been saving up for this trip for a year.  And I managed to save $3,400, while attending school this semester.  I also, have a grant for $2,000.  

But, I'm short $2,000. (Which would be used for my plane ticket.)  

So in efforts to raise that money by January 7th, I've started an online fundraiser.  If you can donate, I would greatly appreciate it.  It doesn't have to be a lot of money.  I'm thankful for every dollar.    

Here's the link:


If 200 people just donated $10, then I would be there.  If 100 people just donated $20, then I would be there.  

It doesn't take a lot to make a difference.  

As many of you know, I'm in school to be a teacher.  Part of the reason I want to do this study abroad trip so bad, is so that I can see how another country's school system works.  Every country (every teacher for that matter) has its own philosophies, and I want to build my own philosophy based on what I've seen works in many different places.  

I once had a 6th grade teacher who visited Egypt right before teaching us all about it.  That year, I loved social science.  Because she brought it all to life.  I want to bring the world alive to the students I teach someday.  To have been places and collected trinkets to show and stories to tell.

This "travelling the world" thing isn't a new desire.  I've always wanted to travel.  When I was very little I thought I would visit all sorts of places like China, or Africa.  Then, as I grew a little older and learned a little more about my diet, I decided I couldn't travel anywhere outside of the U.S.  I thought that was the only place where my diet would work.  But, as a grew older and learned even more I found out that I could travel.  

I want to show PKU kids, that you can travel the world.  That study abroad is an option!  I want to see what living in the UK with PKU is like.  If I have the time/resources I want to visit their clinic and talk with the doctors about their views on PKU.  

Travelling abroad is about becoming something bigger for me.  To gain perception and learn different views.  To discover who I am and what I believe in.  As well as be a role model for those who look up to me.  

I've never wanted to make money off of my blog.  I've kept ads off the sides for a reason.  And I'm sorry to ask this now.  But, I really need help to get there, and to accomplish my dreams.  

If you can't donate.  That's fine.  I won't be angry or hurt or anything.  Keep reading.  I'm going to England, and you won't want to miss the adventures that come with it. :)

If you can, please do. :)  And thank you in advance!!!

-Your Friendly Blogger,
Cassandra  

No comments:

Post a Comment