Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lunch Time!!


Lately, I have been really excited for lunch time.

Why?

Well because for the semester I've been using one of these:




   A bento box!!!  

Now, my bento lunchbox looks a lot like this one (which I got off of google really fast... thanks to chefmom.com for the pic).  But the sections are little boxes that I can take out and put in.  And a couple of them have lids so I can put juicy items in it, without having to worry about it getting everywhere.

The best thing about about it is that it's fun to pack as well as to eat.  And I actually get a nice lunch.  :)

Confession: As a college student I find it really hard to eat lunch.  Especially since I'm on campus all day everyday.  But, this has actually helped.

I usually try to include a variety of items in my lunches.  In the past I've packed: raisins, apple slices, bell peppers, carrots, cucumber, leftovers from dinner, fruit snacks, pudding, peach slices, PKU tortilla sandwiches...

And I haven't even explored that much with it.

When I was in elementary school I did the whole pretty lunchbox thing, and in high school it became the sack lunch thing.

But, it was never as much fun putting together than it is with my bento box.  (I'm not sure why.)  And it tends to be healthier too.  (Again not sure why, these are just my observations.)

Now, if you look online you'll see thousands of pictures of moms making sure picture perfect lunches for their children... I don't do that.  Not at all.  I figure it's just going to be eaten, so why try and make a pig out of grapes or something as incredibly hard as that.

I cut up my fruit into chunks so I can pack in more.  I fill the lunchbox, and my biggest thing is variety.  One week I'll have cucumbers from the grocery store so I'll pack that as my veggie.  But then the next week I'll buy broccoli instead, so I can get that variety.

Also, I have 5 sections in my box.  I always fill at least 1 with a veggie and another with a fruit.  Then I go from there and use what's on hand, but haven't used lately.

It just makes lunchtime a lot of fun for me!

Anyways, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment