Thursday, November 14, 2013

Veggies... In a Bag

So, the other day a roommate and I tried this recipe for a really easy healthy snack; and it turned out so good, I had to share.

Veggie Bag
(Or at least, that's what I'm naming it. )

Ingredients:
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt/Pepper
  • Garlic
  • Lemon juice
  • Various RAW Veggies (We used celery, carrots, broccoli.  But I'm sure other veggies would take delicious in this too.)

Instructions 
  1. In a small bowl pour some olive oil.
  2. Mix in lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic (according to taste).
  3. Cut veggies into eatable sizes.  
  4. Put veggies in a bag (we used a gallon sized bag, but it was for more than 1 person).
  5. Pour the dressing into the bag with veggies.     
  6. Shake the bag, dance with the bag, and throw it into the air repeatedly.  This will get it all mixed up, so that all the veggies get some dressing on it.  If you feel boring you can just shake the bag, but I really recommend the dancing.
  7. Eat it!  Straight from the bag, or poured into a bowl.  It doesn't matter.  
(Sorry I don't have proportions or measurements up here.  My roommate and I literally just smelled the dressing to figure out what it was missing and poured blindly.)

Have fun trying this recipe.  I think it's really tasty.  See you next week! 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment