Saturday, March 16, 2013

Wisdom Teeth

My eyes wandered down the list the dentist had given me.

Recommended Foods List:
  • Ice Cream
  • Smoothies
  • Jell-o
  • Yogurt
  • Mac'n cheese
  • Chicken Noodle Soup
  • ....
What? 

If you haven't guessed yet, the list was for Post-Wisdom Teeth Surgery. 

Yes, this week I got my Wisdom Teeth removed.

It wasn't too bad.  3 of my 4 Wisdom had grown in already and all they needed to do was pull them out.

But, because of this I was given an extra challenge.  How to stay on the dentist's diet AND the PKU diet?

This week I explored that question.

The top 2 hardest challenges:
  1. Remembering to take all the pills AND drink my formula!  I felt like I was constantly taking them all the time.  Or near the end I'd almost forget one or the other.
  2. Not being fresh fruits and veggies.  I naturally go and eat a piece of fruit when I'm hungry, so not being able to do that?  It was pretty challenging.  A couple of days ago I made the mistake of eating an orange too soon.  It BURNED!!!
 Here is my revised "Wisdom Teeth Foods"  For the PKU Child:
  • Rice Dream Ice Cream
  • Sorbet
  • Melted Butter/Margarine on PKU bread (to soften it up)
  • Smoothies
  • Rice (be careful with this one... maybe near the end of recovery)
  • Popsicles
  • Mashed Potatoes
  • And anything else you think might be okay.  Like I said my recovery wasn't that too bad.  It all depends to what you feel up to.  
That was my Spring Break.  Wasn't as bad as it sounds.  I got a lot of time to read and watch movies.  =)  Well enjoy your week!  Be happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment