Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Hallow's Eve!

Halloween. The time of year where you can dress up as someone else and get free candy for it. :) I may be a teenager but I still enjoy trick-or-treating with my friends. It's a blast! I remember one year when I was little I wanted to be SuperMAN not supergirl... SUPERMAN! (That was also the year I cut my own hair.) My mom ended up putting a bow in my hair so people would realize I was a girl.
Yes, there is candy out there I can't have because of my PKU. (Anything with peanut butter, artificial sweetening, nuts... and I think that's it.) But ever since I was little I'd just do what any other kid would. I'd trade. ;) Anything I was allergic I'd just trade to a friend or to my parents for some of their leftover Halloween candy. It's never been a big deal. Why should anyone make it a big deal? Houses where they let me pick out what I want are great. But if they slip it into my bag it's okay, I'll just trade it later.
The ONE thing that annoys me most is: the foiled covered chocolate. I don't KNOW if it has peanut butter in it! So I have to either break it in half before I eat it or let someone else taste test it for me. (And if I let someone taste it you can be sure there won't be much left for me if it was fine.)
Free candy?? Yum. :) I love Halloween. I even can accept the lame houses that hand out carrot packages. *Yes house that passed out carrots last year I'm talking about you. Unfortunately my Best friend can't accept you so we're not stopping there again this year.*
Halloween is oodles of fun. And it's not really different for PKU'ers, we just have to eat it slower. Which is always the goal right? ;)

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment