Friday, July 8, 2011

My favorite dessert in the world!!!!


Ice Cream. My favorite dessert in the world. (I also really like smoothies.) Sometimes I think I could live on it. I almost hear people, who have read my blog since I started, mumble in confusion. "Isn't ice cream dairy?" "Wasn't dairy one of the things she said she was allergic to?" *Checks 1st post* "So she's cheating on her diet??" "What?!" Don't worry I'm perfectly healthy and have not been cheating. It's true dairy is on the no-no list. I can't have average American cow-made ice cream but there are a lot of other types of ice cream I can have.
There's Rice Dream Ice Cream which is made with rice milk as opposed to cow milk. It's healthier for us but definitely not the healthiest. There's sherbet which has a little bit of cows milk but less than regular ice cream. Homemade ice cream is probably the creamiest while having no milk. You just make it using water and a powder (if you want the name just comment below and I'll find it and post it). Thanks to America's healthier food obsession there's Coconut ice cream too now.
Just so you know: A coconut is NOT a nut! (I get that comment a lot) It is either a legume, because it can be turned into oil, or a fruit. There seems to be a lot of debate about it, and I can't find a positive resource to confirm which one it is.
Anyway, coconut ice cream is one of the healthiest choices. But sorbet beats them all. Though it's not the creamiest sorbet is entirely fruit made.
My favorite??? I don't know I just like ice cream a lot. I would say whatever I'm eating at the current moment. But as I am not eating ice cream at this moment (merely dreaming of it) I cannot tell. But I do dare you to try one of these (PKU or not) just for fun. See what you think! Maybe you'll find a new favorite type of ice cream! If you do tell me all about it I want to hear!

*I'm not sure if these products are available outside of the USA. You can try to find them. I want to know if you found it and where!*

1 comment: